Jackfruit Payasam Recipe
- Jackfruit – 12 pcs
- Coconut – 1
- Ghee – 5 tsp
- Coconut pcs (thinly sliced)
- Cashew Nuts
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Discard the seeds of jackfruit and take the fruit alone.
- Pressure cook the jackfruit for 1 whistle with less water, grind it to paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan melt 1 cup of jaggery with less water, filter it and keep aside.
- Grind the coconut and extract coconut milk.
- Heat 3 tbsp of ghee, fry cashew nuts and keep it aside.
- Fry coconut pieces until golden brown in the ghee.
- Add the jackfruit paste to the melted jaggery with 2 tbsp of ghee and cook until becomes slightly thick.
- Add the coconut milk, cardamom powder and take out from the flame. Do not boil after adding the coconut milk.
- Add the fried cashew nuts and coconut pieces, Serve it hot.