June 14th- A DAY TO REMEMBER!
Do you know what happens after you Donate your Blood?
Types of Blood Donation
Whole Blood Donation
- Whole blood is frequently given to trauma patients and people undergoing surgery.
- All blood types allowed.
AB Elite Plasma Donation
- AB plasma donation is used in emergency and trauma situation which helps to stop bleeding.
- Allowed blood groups are AB+, AB-.
- Platelets are vital elements of cancer treatment and organ transplantation procedures, as well as other surgical procedure.
- Allowed blood groups are A+, A-, B+, B-, O+, AB+, AB-.
Power Red Donation
- People who suffer from trauma, sickle cell anaemia, birth complications and blood loss will be treated with red blood cells from Power Red Donation.
- Allowed blood groups are O+, A-, B-, O-.
- 5 Crore Units of Blood is required for Indians but only 2.5 Crore Units of Blood is available.
- Every 2 Seconds someone needs Blood.
- Every day more than 38,000 Blood Donation are needed.
- 30 Million Blood components are getting transfused every year.
- Approximately 3 Pints is the average Red Blood cells needed during Transfusion.
- Most requested type of Blood Group is “O”.
Be A Blood Donor!
- Share your Blood Donating Selfie with your friends and be an inspiration for others to become donors.
- Always leave an appointment for your next donation.
- By Donating Blood, you are not only helping others but yourself because after donating blood, your blood will get replenish within 4 to 6 weeks and son you can lead a healthy life.
- You can save 3 Lives if you can Donate Blood once in a year.
- Voluntary Blood Donation should be done to save more Lives.
- More than 1 Million people are suffering from cancer and a single car accident victim can require more than 100 Units of Blood.